<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/36784725?origin\x3dhttp://science4freaks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 5:17 pm

Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe

* 23 March 2009 by Michael Brooks



Video: When plasma is flung at Earth

Related editorial
: We must heed the threat of solar storms

IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation. Europe, Scandinavia, China and Japan are also struggling to recover from the same fateful event - a violent storm, 150 million kilometres away on the surface of the sun.



Typical storyline for a sci-fic story of the end of the world isn't it? But however, this is no joke.

For full article, click here.

Massive young star explodes 'before its time'

* 16:48 23 March 2009 by Rachel Courtland

A massive young star seems to have exploded before its time, new Hubble Space Telescope images reveal. The star, the heftiest to have been linked to a supernova explosion, could challenge models of when stellar furnaces end their lives.

For full article, click here.


WALKING.. AWAY...

I'm walking away..from the troubles in my life.
I'm walking away...oh~ to find a better day.



Well, I'm glad it is over. I got last for both events in the heats. Gosh, totally threw my face flat on the tracks and stomped over by the many other stronger, faster and better runners. I feel majorly pathetic and insignificant now.

Looking at the bright sight, however bleak and insignificant, I don't have to run and lose my face infront of the 1000 over people that would be watching on Sports Day. I don't have to face greater pressure and jeers from the crowd either.

I still remember Kwang Teng jeering at me from the audience's stand. Hell does she know that I had actually have to go through a round of heats before being qualified to run on the actual day. I still remember how I ran race after race, one after another two years ago, having qualified for 100m, 200m and 400m.

Arrifin ran the best for both the events he took part, as expected of him I guess. The legend they call him some times. I wonder who is faster between him and Hafeez. Hafeez seems to have a better stamina as I infer from his run in the Cross-country.

Anyway, looking forward, I have many other things to worry about. In particular, SYF Central Judging! I'm so darn tired and my arms are aching. Think I tense my arms abit too much during the run just now. Gosh.

ja-na!~

EDITED:

Word of the Day
Tuesday March 24, 2009

thaumaturgy \THAW-muh-tuhr-jee\, noun:
The performance of miracles or magic.

Reference to Dictionary.Com.



Walking Away - Craig David



Walking Away - Craig David

Im walking away from the troubles in my life
Im walking away oh to find a better day
Im walking away from the troubles in my life
Im walking away oh to find a better day
Im walking away

Sometimes some people get me wrong
When its something Ive said or done
Sometimes you feel there is no fun
Thats why you turn and run
But now I truly realise
Some people dont wanna cpomromise
Well I saw them with my own eyes spreading those lies
And well I dont wanna live my life too many sleepless nights
Not mentioning the fights Im sorry to say lady

Im walking away from the troubles in my life
Im walking away oh to find a better day
Im walking away from the troubles in my life
Im walking away oh to find a better day
Im walking away

Well Im so tired baby
Things you say youre driving me away
Whispers in the powder room baby
Dont listen to the games they play
Girl I thought youd realise
Im not like them other guys
Coz I saw them with my own eyes
You shouldve been more wise
And well I dont wanna live my life too many sleepless nights
Not mentioning the fights Im sorry to say lady

Im walking away from the troubles in my life
Im walking away oh to find a better day
Im walking away from the troubles in my life
Im walking away oh to find a better day
Im walking away


THE WORD
REMOVED

NETWORK

::SVPS::

{Desiree} {Eddie} {Evangeline}
{Felicia} {Ho Sin} {Jun Jie} {Nicholas Pek}
{Peck Hwa} {Pei Yi} {Shi Yun} {Wu Ming} {Xin Ni}

::BBSS::

twoEfive'o7
{Angela} {Henry aka HJ} {Hui Yun}
{Jacelyn} (Li Ping) {Sara}

fourEtwo'09
(An Hua) (Derrick) (Clara) (Hong Zhang)
(Jia Zhe) (Junyan) (Kellie) (Leon) (Li Ying)
(Roy) {Ruth} (Sharon) (Shreya) (Zhi Ting)

Choir
(Aisyah) (Adalia)
(Chean Pin) (Cheeryl)
{Desiree} {Eejoo} (Hui Shan) (Jing Wen)
(Kuan Yee) (Limin) (PeiSi) (Shi Shi)
(Shunyu) {Suchi} {Sue Yi}
{Swee Man aka Jovelle} {Terence} {Josephine} (Mariaa) (Marvina)
(Melina) (Melissa) (Liling)
(Vivien) (Ms Tang)

::KNIGHTS OF R.T::

(Lady Hazizah) (Lady Faiziyyah)

::OTHERS 2::

DREAMS DECODER SITE 4E2'09 2E5'07 BBSS OFFICIAL WEBSITE BBSS CHOIR BLOG (Official) Huang Zhi Yang KUKURUSANN (Kelley) Matthew ZapperZ

FACEBOOK My personalDNA Report
Add to Technorati Favorites

D'sgnr/Insp'rtn
01 02 03
Edited by: Me

Bio of the Cleristo

Photobucket

The one who shall be made as a fellow, Cleristo, was named as Clarence Liu. He comes to being on 19th January 1993 at 1134. Studied at South View Primary and spent 6 years there. After which he moves on to Bukit Batok Secondary, where he is now currently in..
He is a self-reliant person who lives a life without spiritual suppport. He hates people who are evil, though he believes that everyone is born equally good hearted. He treats everyone before him of equal status.
He is also a person of high compassion and cares for all around him.


Favourite quote of Shakespeare would be: "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars, but in us for we are underlings."


Quotes:
"Thou shall not live, shall no live."
"Stream down that river, for new wonders beyond those waters."
"With this clap, the world shall witness the beauty and wonders. With a snap, it shall change. With that many, it has already begun so."
"Ignorance is bliss, for ignorance is not to be blamed for the wretched ones actions."
"Stop hiding, start searching."
"What is Love to cause such misery to those who fail to achieve it. Love."


HISTORY.
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010